>>> Powerful BBC News Article + 3 min. VIDEO featuring 71 years old IGM survivor Jeanette from the UK, bravely explaining how at age 16 without her knowledge her “hidden testes” were removed (= IGM 3: Sterilising procedures), how doctors systematically lied to her most of her life (which is another typical pattern in IGM practices), and talks openly about the desastrous consequences of all this for her life (recognised to amounting to lifelong severe pain and suffering by multiple UN Committees, with the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) condemning IGM in the UK as a “harmful practice”, just like FGM).
The BBC article also includes further excellent statements by persons concerned from UK organisations Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome Support Group (AISSG) and Intersex UK.
From this blog a big heartfelt thank-you to Jeanette for her brave testinomy, and to everbody involved for a brilliant example of bearing witness to IGM done right!
Intersex Genital Mutilations in the UK: 2016 UN-CRC Report
Human Rights Violations Of Persons With Variations Of Sex Anatomy
IGM – Most Common Forms • What is Intersex? • A Harmful Practice
>>> Download (PDF 3.60 MB)
• 23 UN Reprimands for IGM – and counting …
• “Harmful Medical Practice”: UN, COE, ACHPR, IACHR condem IGM
• UN Committee for the Rights of the Child (CRC) 2015: IGM = Harmful Practice
• UN Committee against Torture (CAT) 2015: IGM = Inhuman Treatment or Torture
• UN Human Rights Committee (HRCttee) to examine IGM Practices
• UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) condemns IGM
• 56th Session of Committee against Torture reprimands 4 Governments for IGM
• CAT 2011: Germany must investigate IGM practices and compensate survivors!
Intersex Genital Mutilations • 17 Most Common Forms
Human Rights Violations Of Children With Variations Of Sex Anatomy
IGM – Historical Overview • What is Intersex? • How Common are IGMs?
>>> Download PDF (3.65 MB) >>> Table of Contents
IGM as a Harmful Practice: 2015 UN-CRC Briefing
• IGM: A Survivor’s Perspective • Intersex Movement History
• What are Variations of Sex Anatomy? • What are IGM Practices?
• IGM and Human Rights • Conclusion: IGM as a Harmful Practice
>>> Download PDF (3.14 MB) >>> Table of Contents
Eliminating IGM practices by holding the perpetrators accountable via well-established applicable human rights frameworks, including Inhuman Treatment and Harmful Practices – Presentation @ UN expert meeting on Intersex Human Rights