In Italiano: >>> Volantino informativo (PDF) >>> Le motivazioni delle proteste
>>> Articolo nell’Espesso >>> intersexioni.it
Foto: Peaceful Protests + Open Letter ’51 Annual Meeting of ESPE’ Intersex Mutilators, Leipzig 21.09.2012
>>> INFO + 8 PROTESTS ‘9th Joint Meeting of Intersex Genital Mutilators’
>>> Preaching CAIS Castrations and Supposedly ‘High Cancer Risk’, again
>>> Open Letter of Concern to ‘9th Joint Meeting’ (PDF)
Intersex Genital Mutilations is a global business, and the perpetrators are well organised in ‘subspecialities’ and ‘working groups’ within regular ‘western’ medical associations all over the world.
The ‘Global Intersex Mutilators’ Cartel’ consists not only of different medical branches, eg. paediatric surgeons/urologists/gynaecologists, paediatric endocrinologists, paediatric psychiatrists/psychologists, geneticists, sexologists, but as well of (backing) states, politicians, health care providers, etc.
The ‘9th Joint Meeting of Paediatric Endocrinology’ is organised by well known perpetrators’ organisations from Africa (ASPAE), Asia-Pacific (APPES), Australia and New Zealand (APEG), Europe (ESPE), Japan (JSPE), Latin America (SLEP), North America (PES, formerly LWPES, see below), and is bound to attract intersex genital mutilators from all over.
Despite not literally getting blood on their own hands while personally mutilating defenceless children’s genitals, paediatric endocrinologists were and still are the leading branch within the ‘Global Intersex Mutilators’ Cartel’:
- It was pediatric endocrinologists who actually ‘invented’ the early systematic cosmetic surgeries on children born with ‘atypical’ sex anatomies (Lawson Wilkins, Baltimore 1950, name patron of the [LW]PES), and they were the motor behind the worldwide dissemination of this inhumane practice (e.g Andrea Prader, Zurich 1954, inventor of the infamous ‘Prader Scale’, founding member of ESPE, and name patron of ESPE’s annual ‘Andrea Prader Prize’, see PL7 Joint Meeting Award Session 2).
- The ‘new’ stigmatising medical nomenclature ‘Disorders of Sex Development (DSD)’, the so called ‘DSD’ or ‘Chicago Consensus Conference’ of 2005 (and the ‘DSD Consensus Statement’ published in 2006), was again introduced by the ‘LWPES1/ESPE2 Consensus Group’, consisting mainly of Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (LWPED) and the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) – also the leading bodies of the ‘9th Joint Meeting’.
While the Consensus Statement also includes some rather positive aspects (more inclusive definition based on physical aspects instead of sexologist theory, half-hearted commitment to include psycho-social support for parents and persons concerned, and last but not least sparing a small fraction of the endangered children), the term ‘Disorders’ respectively ‘DSD’ (in use by perpetrators for at least 40 years) is highly stigmatising and therefore unanimously criticised by persons concerned, and also, despite allegedly ‘multidisciplinary teams’, in practice psycho-social support is at best a fig leaf:
- Today, pediatric endocrinologists (sometimes together with a paediatric surgeon or urologist) are still the medical profession most often ‘dealing with the parents’ a.k.a. telling them it’s OK to ‘authorise’ early cosmetic surgeries on their healthy children (a fact, which is also acknowledged within the ‘9th Joint Meeting’, see abstract WG6-114: ‘The paediatric endocrinologist is often situated at the centre of the DSD team and acts as a conduit for communication’, plus referring to the ‘UK Guidelines’ 2011 by Ahmed/Achermann/Conway/Krone/et. al. that encourage mutilations, see Open Letter to ‘I-DSD 2013’ p 2 for reference). In practice, if specialised psycho-social experts are called in at all, then mostly as a ‘bonus’ only after parents ‘consent’ to surgery first, and in order to ensure compliance of parents and health insurance firms.
- Several known propagators and perpetrators of ‘DSD therapies’ incl. early cosmetic surgeries and non-consensual imposition of hormone ‘therapies’, will be advocating such at the ‘9th Joint Meeting’.
- All of the current major government-funded perpetrators’ ‘research projects’ are lead by such paediatric endocrinologists – and are offered a platform at the ‘9th Joint Meeting’: ‘I-DSD’ (WG6-117), ‘DSD-Life’ (WG6-118), ‘DSDnet’ (WG6-119).
‘DSD’ will be prominently featured during all 4 days of the ‘9th Joint Meeting’, incl. ‘Hypospadias’, ‘Boys with Very Small Penis’, ‘Klinefelter Syndrome’, ‘Gender identity disorders’, etc.
On the other hand, input by persons concerned, as well as serious ethical, legal and human rights considerations, are once again missing.
• INFO + 8 PEACEFUL PROTESTS ‘9th Joint Meeting’, Sept 18-22
• Preaching CAIS Castrations and Supposedly ‘High Cancer Risk’, again
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘9th Joint Meeting’ (PDF)
Help us reminding the perpetrators that it is NOT OK to mutilate defenceless children!
LWPES, ESPE: Evidence for Systematic Mass Mutilations
• Lawson Wilkins, Andrea Prader 1950: From Experimentation to Extermination
• Lawson Wilkins 1950s: ‘Amputation of the clitoris at the earliest possible time’
to prevent ‘anxiety in parents’
• Lawson Wilkins et al. 1958: ‘Corrective procedures on large numbers of patients’
• Andrea Prader, LWPES 1973: ‘Hereditary Defects Causing Male Pseudohermaphroditism’
Intersex Genital Mutilations • 17 Most Common Forms
Human Rights Violations Of Children With Variations Of Sex Anatomy
IGM – Historical Overview • What is Intersex? • How Common is IGM?
>>> Download PDF (3.65 MB) >>> Table of Contents
STOP IGM Primer:
What everyone should know about Intersex Genital Mutilations (IGM)!
>>> Download (PDF, 1.95 MB)
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘4th I-DSD Symposium’ Glasgow 2013 (PDF)
• Open Letter to ’51st Annual Meeting of ESPE’ Leipzig 2012
• Open Letter to ‘3rd EuroDSD Symposium’ Lübeck 2011
• Open Letter to ’11th EMBL/EMBO Conference’ Heidelberg 2010